REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
RFP No. 2022-01
Watershed Plan & Adoption of Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
for the Odessa Groundwater Replacement Program (OGWRP)
Posted Date: September 2, 2022
Deadline for Questions: September 16, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST
Deadline for Proposals: September 30, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST
Questions received regarding the RFP
- Updated September 16, 2022 -
1. Does NRCS WA or NRCS NWMC have an example Watershed Plan that has been completed under the PR&Gs? More specifically a stand-alone Watershed Plan, rather than a combined Plan with an EA or EIS?
There are no recent examples of a Watershed Plan in Washington State. For example Watershed Plans it is recommended that companies submitting a proposal refer to recent Plans announced on the Federal Register and search in other states.
To answer the second part of the question, a Watershed Plan is always accompanied by an EA or EIS. There are no stand-alone Watershed Plans without NEPA. There may be some confusion in the wording due to the EIS Adoption portion of the SOW. Once the EIS is adopted by the NRCS through this process, it will become part of the Watershed Plan.
2. Has any additional costing been completed apart from the costs presented in the 2021 PIFR?
Cost estimates are reviewed at multiple stages during planning and cost estimates derived in 2021 may not be the most recent estimates.
3. Since 2012 and the writing of Reclamation's EIS, what additional engineering has been completed for the proposed alternatives?
All of the additional engineering for the East Low Canal conveyance improvements contemplated under the preferred alternative has been completed. The delivery systems have morphed and changed locations and sizes, and additional engineering has been done on those to various degrees. One of the systems is completed.
4. Has NRCS WA previously adopted a Reclamation EIS? If so, which one?
No, NRCS WA has not previously adopted a Reclamation EIS.