All commercial agricultural operations must obtain a burn permit prior to burning natural vegetation.  As the local agricultural burn permitting authority, we are here to help you through the process.  But first, there are exceptions.


No burn permit is required when burning:


  • Orchard pruning's;

  • Natural vegetation along fence lines, irrigation and drainage ditches; or for

  • Natural vegetation blown by the wind.


Before burning you must:


  1. Obtain a permit, if required (see below);

  2. Notify your fire protection authority and/or dispatch (check with specific county) prior to igniting any fire, even if an air quality/burn permit is not required; and

  3. Call the burn hotline (1-800-406-5322) to make sure it is a burn day. For Grant County press 2 then 5, Zone 41 north of I-90; Zone 42 south of I-90; Zone 43 all of Mattawa for Adams County press 2 then 4.



To obtain an agricultural burn permit:


  1. Print and fully fill-out the applicable burn permit application (contact us if you need a copy of the application).  Applications including email addresses will be expedited.  Also do not forget to provide driving directions from the nearest town;

  2. Return the application and permit fee by check to:

    Grant County Conservation District
    1107 S. Juniper Drive
    Moses Lake, WA 98837
    (509) 765-9618

  3. * Mandatory requirement * After burning, fill-out and return the post burn report (blue postcard) or submit the report ONLINE HERE.


For best management practices (BMPs) and additional information regarding agricultural burning visit Washington State Department of Ecology's website .
or contact our office:


Marie Lotz, Manager

Grant County Conservation District
1107 S. Juniper Drive
Moses Lake, WA 98837

(509) 765-9618


Office hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday

Agricultural Burn Permits Issued Here

1107 S. Juniper Dr., Moses Lake, Washington, 98837  I  (509) 765-9618  I  I  @ 2014 Grant County Conservation District